Bob Gruhler has been a successful trainer, consultant and upper level business manager in the course of a 45 year career. His experience includes Buyer, Safeway Stores, San Francisco, several years owning a successful retail business, and founding and ultimately selling one of the largest glass and textile screen printing corporations in the West.
Over the past 35 years, Bob’s consulting business has helped hundreds of businesses just like yours accomplish their personal and business goals.
With a Bachelors in Marketing, Bob earned his MBA in 2003 with an emphasis in Training and Development. As an adjunct professor at California State University, Chico he co- founded the Entrepreneur Program for the College of Business.
Bob is a certified trainer for The Kauffman Foundation specializing in their Start Up and Expansion Entrepreneur Programs.
Business Consulting Group includes a talented pool of experts whose purpose is to provide solutions to your business opportunities or CHALLENGES that are tailored specifically to your unique business and personal situation.
Bob grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and graduated from California State University, Hayward with a degree in Marketing. After several years as Inventory Manager for the San Francisco Division of Safeway Stores, Inc he moved to South Lake Tahoe to start a retail business, Dusty’s in the early 1970’s.
Through these founding experiences he learned 2 significant lessons
- The importance of planning
- How to deal with business adversity as he faced poor results in his 1970’s boutique
Fortunately his Dusty’s experience exposed him to silk screen printing on t-shirts which was then in its infancy. Self taught he began printing t-shirts for Lake Tahoe businesses and events and eventually provided printed drink-ware for major Lake Tahoe and Reno casinos leading to the founding of Shatterproof Enterprises.
With success came a move to Reno, Nevada to be closer to important clients and a more qualified workforce. Locating at 220 Coney Island Drive in Sparks, Nevada proved to be prophetic as the Truckee River flood of 1986 filling our new location with three feet of water and presented another learning experience
- Talk your way out of bankruptcy
- Start a new business model based on the resources you have available
With the help and hard work of lots of good people Shatterproof Enterprises, Ltd. survived but was severely constrained and saddled with chronic cash flow challenges eventually selling to Hunter Manufacturing of Lexington, Kentucky in November 1994 preserving the jobs of dozens of workers and avoiding bankruptcy.
- Grew up in Berkeley, CA
- Buyer Safeway Stores, SF Division
- Retail Clothing and Gifts: Dusty’s, S. Lake Tahoe, CA
- 3rd largest screen printer in the West: Shatterproof Enterprises, Reno, NV. Sold to Hunter Mfg. Lexington KT
- Professor (UN, Reno, Truckee Meadows Community College)
- Marketing Teacher at Eldorado HS, Las Vegas
- BS Marketing CSU Hayward (1996)
- MBA Training/Development CSU Chico (2003)
- Certified Trainer, Kauffman Foundation,
- Professor at CSU, Chico & started their Entrepreneur Program
Mission: Improving YOUR top line (sales) and bottom line (profits) through effective implementation of unique marketing and operational strategies.